Labor Law Issues (for Corporate Clients)
For Corporate Clients: What Yamagami Law Offices can offer
We provide clients with professional services regarding Japanese Labor Law issues including disemployment(dismissal, discharge), layoff, overtime work, problematic employee, labor unions and other labor law disputes.
We are pleased to welcome you at our Tokyo and Fukuoka Offices located at Akasaka Crossing, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, and at Ginza 1-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
If any violation regarding the labor related laws happens, there is a danger that a substantial penalty may be imposed and you may be confronted with serious problems in operating your company.
We have extensive experiences in this area and wish to welcome any consultation at a stage of even a small concern or question before the matter becomes a dispute.
You may encounter following matters:
- negotiation with the labor union of your company
- change of the working rules
- adequacy of overtime payment under Japanese labor law
- demand of overtime payment by the employee of your company
- dismissal of an employee of your company
- occurrence of other troubles or disputes between the employees of your company
Our practice areas include following cases as examples.
- litigation sued by an employee (including a claim for overtime payment, invalidity of dismissal and a claim for compensation etc.)
- negotiation and litigation against an employee who violates his/her obligation (a duty of confidentiality etc.), harasses other employee, violation of Japanese Unfair Competition Prevention Act and commits a crime (theft, misappropriation etc.)
- negotiation with an employee
- negotiation with the labor union
- advice on the work rules, minutes of a board meeting and other meetings
- advice on holding a shareholders’ meeting
- advice on the salary/wage system
While you have consulted with a lawyer, you may wish to seek the secondary opinion and we will be pleased to provide you with the same.
Your use of this site is governed by the laws of Japan and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of any information or materials from this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in Japan.
Our services shall be provided in Japan only.
We do not guarantee any courts or any authorities make decisions same as this website. We do not assume and accept any responsibility or liability regarding this website.
Yamagami International Law Offices
【Tokyo】Ueichi Building 5F, 1-6-10 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 1040061, Japan
【Fukuoka】Akasaka Sangyo Building 6F, 2-12-12 Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 8100041, Japan