Yamagami International Law Offices (English)
by Experienced Attorneys at Law in Japan.
For foreigners who wish to divorce your Japanese spouse without losing your residential status;
For foreigners who wish to change jobs in Japan without losing your residential status;
For foreigners who wish to file a lawsuit in Japan;
For foreign companies who needs advice on Japanese law; etc.
We aim to provide legal services regarding Japanese law in English or Mandarin.
Yamagami International Law Offices in Tokyo and Fukuoka, are providing effective legal service in the areas of international transactions, international family law, patent law and various kinds of litigation.
Areas of Practice
- ○ International Divorce (including but not limited to cases related to Visitation, Parental rights, Property Division, and Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction);
- Further information of International Divorce in Japan
- The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- ○ Tort or Accident Compensation (Traffic Accidents, Medical Accidents, State Compensation and Personal Injuries);
- Further information of Compensation for Traffic Accident (Tort Liability) in Japan
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A), Acquiring a Japanese company, Due Diligence etc.;
- Intellectual Property Rights (Patent Rights, Utility Model Rights, Design Rights, Trademark Rights, Disputes and Litigation regarding the Rights of Authorship and Registration Procedures);
- Dispute resolution (negotiation, litigation, arbitration, enforcement etc.);
- Labor Law Issues (including overtime pay etc.);
- ○ Litigation or filing lawsuits (Civil, Criminal, Administrative, International and Public Relations);
- ○ Wills and Inheritances;
- ○ International Contracts;
- ○ Insolvency (Bankruptcy Proceedings, Business Recovery etc);
- ○ Enforcement of Domestic and International Judgments and Arbitral Awards;
- ○ International Trade;
- ○ Cryptocurrency or similar tokens;
- ○ International Investment;
- ○ Franchising;
- ○ Finance, Debt Collection;
- ○ Company Law and Commercial Law;
- ○ Antitrust Law;
- ○ Worker’s Compensation;
- ○ Environmental Law;
- ○ Product Liability;
- ○ Real Estate and Construction;
- ○ Litigation case of taxation law;
- ○ Admiralty and Maritime Law; and
- ○ Legal Consultations and Representations ;
For those who live in the US and US companies:
Examples of Legal Advice
Numerous problems arise in accordance with increase of cross border exchange and some examples are shown below;
- -Living in the US for many years and having a relative in Japan and wish to seek a legal advice regarding inheritance of the relative
- -Maintenance of marital relation getting difficult between a Japanese and American and wish to seek a legal advice
- -Planning to deal with a Japanese company and wish to enter into an agreement of English text
- -Planning to acquire a Japanese company and need legal due diligence and agreements regarding the acquisition
- -Wish to take a legal action against a Japanese company since it does not make a payment under the agreement
- -Wish to seek instruction regarding Japanese laws
- -Leaving Japan for the US and wish to know how to handle a traffic accident happened in Japan
- -Wish to take a countermeasure against a counterfeit (piracy) product of our company in Japan
- -Wish to consult with an expert regarding The Hague Convention, The convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
Proposals from Yamagami International Law Offices
Our office is engaged in providing with those who live in the US and the US corporate clients professional services to solve legal issues in Japan and the US from the perspective of Japanese laws.
We trust that our bilingual lawyers are able to meet your requirements with their expertise and extensive experiences.
Besides our office has a cooperative relationship with lawyers/law firms in New York, Los Angeles, etc.
Our office welcomes inquiry/consultation by means of Skype, telephone, electronic mail, etc. Depending upon the situations, we can offer the services by the lawyers/law firms of the US with whom we have cooperative relationship. Legal fees can be paid by PayPal. We are also flexible to provide you with consultation in view of time difference between the US and Japan.
We also welcome any inquiry/consultation from the US law firms.
- Shogo Yamagami, Attorney at Law, Patent Attorney admitted in Japan
- Kensuke Hamada, Attorney at Law admitted in Japan
- Goro Ikuno, Attorney at Law admitted in Japan
Yamagami International Law Offices
【Tokyo】Roppongi Denki Building 7F, 6-1-20 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 1060032, Japan
【Fukuoka】Koenoki Building 4F, 1-3-14 Maizuru, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka 8100073, Japan
Brief Curriculum Vitae of the Principal
Passed the National Bar Exam (the examination pass rate: 2.75%);
Admitted as an Attorney;
September 2004 – January 2005
Experienced work experience at a leading law firm in Beijing, China;
March 2005 – April 2005
Experienced work experience at a leading law firm in Shanghai, China;
Admitted as a Patent Attorney;
Operating as principal lawyer and patent attorney at Yamagami International Law Offices;
A member of Tokyo Bar Association;
A member of Committee on International Relations, Japan Federation of Bar Associations;
A member of the International Committee, Tokyo Bar Association;
A member of International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Notice
Your use of this site is governed by the laws of Japan and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of any information or materials from this website or our firm shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court in Japan.
Our services shall be provided in Japan only.
We do not guarantee any courts or any authorities make decisions same as this website. We do not assume and accept any responsibility or liability regarding this website.